Seaside Apartment, Self-catering, Oban (4)
Per week from£0
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to4
Golf course nearbyYes
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
New to West Coast Cottages for 2020, Seaside Apartment has an enviable and superb position overlooking Oban Bay and the historic McCraigs Tower which can be seen in all its majestic glory fully lite up in its many differing colours each evening.
This apartment is fully fitted out to a high standard with all conveniences you would expect, from its spacious living and panoramic window view’s over Oban Bay and up to McCraigs tower in the background - you could just sit there and watch the world go by all day. With one double bedroom with en-suite facilities and one twin room with separate family bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need including a dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, a fridge/freezer and a stovetop.
One of the main advantages of Seaside Apartment is having its own private car parking space close to the apartment.
Oban is a lively west coast harbour town with lots going on for our visitors. It is central for touring Argyll known as the “Gateway to the isles”, with beautiful hikes, casual walks, or boat trips to see some wildlife. There is a lovely sandy beach at Ganavan which is 1½ miles away or Tralee just 5 miles out.
You are within easy walking distance of the facilities Oban has to offer, including Costa café right below you and the new delicatessens opposite the main entrance. In keeping with its reputation as the “seafood capital of Scotland” you also have many excellent restaurants to choose from, likewise, cafés, pubs, galleries, viewpoints, shops and of course Oban’s famous distillery.
There are lovely walks from your front door, following the bay south past Oban’s Yacht club towards the Kerrera ferry and heading north through Oban and to Dunollie Castle. Onward you can head to Oban’s beach – Ganavan, or you can head north by car and explore Port Appin’s coastal area and Castle Stalker. With only an hour’s drive north you can visit Glencoe and Fort William and to the east is Inveraray complete with the truly magnificent castle and infamous Jail. The spectacular coastline offers pleasant walks along the esplanade at sunset with unspoilt views of the islands of Kerrera, Mulland Lismore with ferries sailing to these islands and many more from Oban daily, allowing you to hop on and off easily throughout the year for the Ideal explorer visit.
The spacious accommodation comprises:
- Two bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin
- Bathroom 1 (en-suite) – with walk in shower, basin and WC.
- Bathroom 2 - with bath, shower head, basin, WC,
- Fully fitted kitchen including fridge and freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, dishwasher
- Large spacious lounge with flat screen TV with Freesat and DVD player
- Gas central heating, instant hot water (gas heating and electricity included)
- Beds made up for arrival and towels provided
- Prominent waterfront position
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking slot for 1 car close to the apartment
- Apartment available from 4pm on day of arrival until 9.30am on day of departure
- Deposit 25% of rental price to confirm booking (currently 15% due to Covid-19)
Not accessable for wheelchair or disabled i'm afraid, sorry. No lift available and the apartment is situated on the 2nd floor accessed only by stairs.