Easdale Cottage, Self Catering Cottage (4)
Per week from£600
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to4
Golf course nearbyYes
Bathrooms1, Family bathroom
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
*NEW FOR SUMMER 2021*
This wonderful croft on Easdale Island is the ultimate "getaway from it all" so escape for the perfect adventure holiday.
Built in the 1800's the cottage has been designed to reflect the island’s slate-quarrying heritage. The cottage comprises of two good size double bedrooms, a family bathroom, modern kitchen with all the utensils needed for your stay and a warm living room with a large log burner stove to give that extra cosy feel to it, the extra special feature to this stove is it will heat the whole house, combined with coal and fuel for your stay.
The big spacious back garden and patio which can be accessed from the living area, this has unlimited stunning sea views across the Atlantic towards the Isle of Mull where you can sit all day and watch the abundance of wildlife and many Yacht’s sailing bye or just sit and take in the sea air while having your morning coffee/tea. To accompany that you have a further front facing garden area with views over the island and onto the mainland for more bird watching.
One of the best features of this cottage is you can walk straight from your back garden with walks to find spectacular old slate mind quarry pools, it really is just breath-taking!
Easdale cottage is situated 16 miles from Oban "Gate way to the isles”. While you drive down the road taking in all its beauty you will pass over the world-famous Clachan Bridge, which is the bridge over the Atlantic. Here you will find your first local restaurant to dine at during your stay – Tigh an Truish.
Next you arrive in to Seil, right in the square you can dine out at the Oyster Bar & Restaurant, while enjoying spectacular views over to Scarba and Jura to name a few! Serves great pub meals and Scottish real Ales.
Accessed by road to the mainland of seil then by foot you will catch the small ferry (£2.50 return) for 3 minutes and by foot for the last 300 yards to the cottage with your very own wheelbarrow for transporting your luggage (different or what!).
A warm friendly welcome, is your next pit stop for great homemade food and drink is the Puffer Bar & Restaurant, located just as you come off the ferry and only a short 2 min walk from your cottage. This place has a real peace and tranquillity about it with a great atmosphere to unwind.
Easdale island is unique. The smallest permanently inhabited inner-Hebridean island, it was once the heart of Scotland’s world-renowned slate mining industry. There is the award-winning Easdale Island Folk Museum which tells the story of the slate mining and the community’s past. It also hosts the worlds Stone skimming championships every year where people from all over the world come to join and watch.
*please note, no access to the island with vehicles, only by foot, your car will be parked on the mainland for the duration of your stay. *
- Rural Island escape
- Access by road then 3 minute ferry journey, (car parked on the mainland)
- Two bedrooms sleeping up to 4 persons + 1 infant. All on ground floor - comprising of x2 double beds
- Capacity for an infant in a cot (provided FOC)
- Ground floor bathroom with shower over bath, tiled flooring
- Spacious but cosy Living room and dining area
- Big wood burning stove
- TV & dvds play with lots of dvds to choose from
- BBQ and garden furniture
- 2 big Gardens (Rear and front)
- Spectacular Sea views from both gardens
- Walks around the island straight from your back garden
- Dishwasher/washing machine/ tumble dryer(located in the shed to the back for use but washing line available)/ fridge/freezer/microwave
- Bosch coffee machine (pods)
- Double oven and electric hob
- Electric bluetooth speakers
- Linen and towels provided and set for arrival
- House available from 4pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure
- Deposit 25% of rental price to confirm booking
Due to the position of the cottage and access, it is not wheelchair accessible, sorry.