Tigh Beg Croft - Self Catering Holiday Cottage, Oban (4)
Per week from£745
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to4
Golf course nearbyYes
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
Tigh Beg Croft self-catering holiday cottage has to be one of the ultimate secluded Highland hideaways - there are no garden fences, only the open land and the sea to keep you in and amused. This classic 'get away from it all' location near Oban, Argyll is set in some fifty acres of informal hill land and shoreline giving you some spectacular classic country walking.
The croft and this part of the coastline were used in the 1968 filming of 'Ring of Bright Water' and more recently in the final scenes of 'Enigma', based on the Robert Harris thriller.
We feel very privileged to be able to offer Tigh Beg Croft as a holiday cottage and short break destination to enable our guests to totally unwind and relax. The croft has been recently renovated and completely refurbished to give you all the home comforts you would expect, making a great holiday destination at any time of year.
This special place is quietly situated at the sea entrance to Loch Feochan, with spectacular views down the 'Firth of Lorn'.
Just three miles further down Lerags Glen from Lagnakeil Lodges and only six miles from Oban with all its quality amenities, shops and restaurants.
Access is by a private track road of about two miles with the final approach over an unsurfaced farm track road for 2 miles - perfect for a four-wheel drive although not essential! no low profile cars!
You can also access Tigh Beg by the sea!!!
A country pub, The Barn Bar, is situated further up the glen offering fine home cooked food and ales with informal music nights during the season.
Short break available this Winter
One week left in May- £1250
One week left in July- £1600
New cleaning protocols in place for your safety
- Lounge with log burning fire
- Large flat-screen TV & CD player
- iPod docking station
- Open plan kitchen fully fitted with a dishwasher and large fridge & freezer
- Two bedrooms sleeping up to 4 persons downstairs
- Ground floor double bedroom and twin bedroom
- Capacity for an infant in a cot (provided FOC)
- Ground floor bathroom with shower over bath, tiled flooring & underfloor heating
- Electric night storage heating
- Barbeque and garden furniture
- Generally a good mobile phone signal but no landline
- Car parking within metres of the cottage, accessed by descending a field track footpath
- Note- this can be slippy in wet weather
- NOTE- 4x4 not required but access track NOT SUITABLE for low profile vehicles
- Logs & firelighters are supplied and charged at £5 per day for short breaks or £25 per weekly stay
- Entrance porch: dishwasher, washing machine with combined dryer, microwave
- Sorry no pets allowed at Tigh Beg - Non Negotiable
- House available from 4pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure
- Deposit 25% of rental price to confirm booking (currently 15% due to covid-19)
* Not suitable for wheelchairs users*