Blackmount House, Self-catering holiday cottage, Oban (6)
Per week from£1,000
Short breaks from£700
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to6
Golf course nearbyYes
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
NEW FOR SPRING 2022
Blackmount House is a very attractive and cosy house new for 2022, situated in a peaceful and quiet area of Oban - yet very convenient being only a 5min drive to Oban town centre. It’s the perfect place to stay if you want rural, yet still close enough to the town centre with easy and cheap taxi back and forth for restaurant/pub visits.
As you walk through into the property there is a bright open plan kitchen dining space with patio doors leading to out to the garden area, which is great for BBQs, reading, drinks and catching up on the day’s events.
The living room consists of a wood burning stove perfect for cosy nights in sampling some fine Scottish whiskey. For the summer months the living room also has the wide opening patio doors which lead on to the hot tub, outdoor bath, Sauna, and magnificent views into the countryside.
As you make your way upstairs there are three spacious bedrooms.
- 1 master with ensuite shower room
- 1 double
- 1 super king that can be split to make a twin room
- Family bathroom with walk in shower
The garden area is all enclosed – perfect for guests with fury animals joining in on the fun. This large garden space also features a large 6-person wood fired hot tub an outdoor hot/cold bath and a sauna room (you may not want to leave this house!). While sitting in the hot tub enjoying a glass of bubbles you have lovely countryside views listening to the wildlife that embraces this property. Patio seating area with garden furniture – ideal for BBQs and dining Al-fresco.
This spacious house comprises of a large utility room, great for when you come back from a day of activities to hang up all your jackets, pull off those wellies and dry the animals down.
Ground floor WC with bath tub.
You have a great choice of walks on your doorstep, one being Glencruitten Woods. This area is a spruce plantation with a good network of forest roads, old tracks and trails and is only a 5 min walk from the house. If you fancy walking into town, it’s a pleasant 30-minute walk or a 10-minute cycle to the seafood capital of Scotland.
* Please note the following - The log burner hot tub will take about 2.5 hours to heat to a hot temperature before use. A reasonable supply of firewood will be available for your stay. Should additional supplies be required they can be purchased at local garages & merchants in town to do you for the hot tub/log burner/firepit.
*Sauna - electric and will take roughly 15mind to heat.
*If you opt in for robes for your stay, please make sure all robes are left in the house at the end of your stay, any damaged or taken will incur a £35 charge per robe missing* thank you for your cooperation.
New for Spring 2022
Now open for short breaks until the 21st May! *min 4 nights* - Book Here
5% off multiple week bookings
- Rural setting yet minutes from Oban
- Beautiful views over to Beinn Glass
- Wood fired hot tub
- Outside hot/cold bath tub
- Fire pit
- Wood burning stove
- Reasable supply of fire wood supplied
- Comfortably sleeps 6 across 3 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms
- - 1 Master with ensuite
- - 1 king size bedroom
- - 1 Superking or can be made as a twin room
- - 1 family bathroom
- - Ground floor WC with bath tub
- Countless beautiful walks direct from the door
- Bright and airy, well laid out property
- Smart TV, games and books
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with electric range oven
- Oil fired central heating and heated towel rails throughout
- Powerful showers and copious hot water
- Patio seating area with garden furniture
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Coffee machine (nespresso capsules)
- Good mobile phone signal, 4G and Free Wi-Fi
- 2 dogs allowed with walks from the door (fully enclosed garden area for pets)
- Iron and board
- Basic cleaning materials provided (anti-bac spray, washing machine & dishwasher tablets, sponge/cloth/tea towels and oven gloves)
- Travel cot and highchair available at request
- Baby gate supplied (top of the stairs)
- House available from 4.30pm on the day of arrival to 11am on departure day.
- Deposit 25% of rental to confirm booking
- No smoking/vaping in the property
- Independent Private Chef available to cater for Special Occasions (please see FAQ for more info)
- Natural water supply from the surrounding hills*
- *UV filtered and tested by the local authority- safe to drink
Sorry not suitable for disabled