Grannda Mhor - Self Catering Cottage, Oban, Argyll (8)
Near Oban, Argyll
Per week from£845
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to8
Golf course nearbyYes
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
An incredibly special property NEW to West Coast Cottages for 2017 with 5* Trip Advisor Reviews
Grannda Mhor is located in Arduaine, a stunning ribbon of the West Coast of Scotland with absolutely incredible views across Asknish Bay.
An area of great natural scenic beauty nestled between Oban and Lochgilphead, the house enjoys a fine prominent hillside position with spectacular views south and west over Asknish Bay to Shuna, Luing, Scarba and The Paps of Jura.
Acquired by the Mossman's in 2017 and subsequently refurbished to an exceptionally high standard; Grannda Mhor combines class and quality whilst offering you all you could hope for in terms of comfort, peace and relaxation.
Comfortably sleeping 8, Grannda Mhor is available for rental all year round and is an ideal base for your self-catering holiday in Argyll.
The gardens and immediate surrounding area play host to a wide range of fauna including red squirrel, pine marten and otters playing in the bay with numerous bird species also present, which includes occasional sightings of Golden and Sea Eagles over the Bay.
A few hundred yards north of Grannda Mhor are the famous Arduaine Gardens and The Loch Melfort Hotel offering an excellent bistro and formal restaurant with incredible views to the west.
The bay at Arduaine has its own jetty for you to launch your rib or kayaks and is on the now famous west coast Sea Kayak Trail!
2.5 miles to the south of Grannda Mhor is Craobh Haven, a popular holiday and sailing village with berths for up to 250 crafts.
With a harbourmaster, marina office and store -the stunning views take in the local islands of Shuna, Seil and Luing, as well as many better-known islands from Jura in the South to the highlands of Mull in the North.
Running regularly from here are a number of excellent wildlife cruises which also take in the famous Gulf of Corryvreckan with the largest whirlpool in the world.
The village has a local shop and a highly recommended pub/restaurant 'The Lord of The Isles'.
25 minutes' drive north along the A816 coastal road is Oban, a picturesque and bustling harbour town with an array of splendid shops and restaurants to experience; known as "The Seafood Capital of Scotland", it doesn't disappoint. With fishing boats in the bay, and regular Calmac Ferries leaving for the Inner and Outer Hebrides, one visit will never be enough.
Low Occupancy Discounts Available- Call Us on 01631 563 046
The last min getaway offer - See here
- Full aspect 5.5 metre panoramic, half-opening window in bright sitting area allowing for uncompromised views to the south-west over the bay to the islands and Craobh Haven Marina
- Comfortably sleeps 8 across 4 bedrooms 2 of which are king with en suite
- The double and the twin-bedded rooms share a luxury bathroom and are both fitted with sliding patio doors leading straight to the garden area
- The master bedroom (with en suite) and the double bedroom have views to the south-west
- Incfedibly social space.
- Bright and flexible accommodation arranged over two main floors and a mezzanine level dining area with oak dining table and glass balustrade taking continued advantage of the sea views
- Bio-ethanol fuel stove
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, dish washer, granite worktop, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Well-appointed patio area with table, chairs and barbeque equipment
- Free Wi-Fi
- Integrated bluetooth speakers
- 5* Trip Advisor Reviews
- Independent Private Chef available to cater for Special Occasions
- No smoking at Grannda Mhor
- House available from 4pm on day of arrival to 9.30am on departure day.
- Deposit 25% of rental to confirm booking
- Please note the access driveway is not suitable for low profile vehicles - we offer an alternative space for this type of vehicle. Please advise us on booking.
Partially accessible ground floor for wheelchair users
Accessible for walking disabled
Downstairs bedroom with ensuite wetroom and walk in shower- enough room for use of shower stool
If unsure - please contact us and we will talk through any questions you may have.