Achalic Beag, Self Catering Holiday Cottage, Lerags Glen, Oban (4)
Per week from£650
Short breaks from£450
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to4
Golf course nearbyYes
Fri/Sat/Mon Changeover AvailableYes
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
This wonderful new house for 2019 is beautifully situated within the Lerags Glen, offering complete rural peace and quiet, yet very convenient for Oban just ten minutes’ drive to the north.
The house has been designed to look like a traditional highland cottage from the outside, yet has just been completely refreshed and modernised inside, with brand new kitchen, bathrooms, carpets and furnishings throughout.
As you begin to wind your way down the glen on the quiet single-track road you get a sense of the tranquillity and landscapes you are about to enjoy. You will pass the renowned Barn Bar and Restaurant, where you can enjoy hearty local fare and a range of cask ales, along with a warm welcome from the locals.
The beautiful panoramic views from this cosy cottage are best enjoyed from the spacious triple aspect sitting room, where you can sit and enjoy a quiet drink by the log burning stove and watched the shadows lengthen across the glen. The Large windows provide expansive vistas across the surrounding fields, hillsides dotted with sheep and the beautiful woodlands beyond.
The area has an abundance of wildlife including red and roe deer, red squirrel, pine martin, occasional sea eagles overhead and otters in the nearby burn and sea loch (Loch Feochan), some 500m to the west.
Achalic Beag has 2 good sized bedrooms upstairs, along with a well-appointed shower room, and a further bathroom downstairs off the large utility room, providing plenty of space for two couples or a family. The house features a bright and fresh dining kitchen and a very spacious sitting room with a beautifully cosy interior decor. Comfortably sleeping 4 Achalic Beag can accommodate another young child on request.
One week left June 5th, £1250 - Book Here
14th August now available at £1250, dont miss out.
Short Breaks available this winter - Enquire today.
- Rural setting in Lerags Glen yet minutes from Oban
- Beautiful views of Loch Feochan
- Large wood burning stove
- Comfortably sleeps 4 across 2 bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 – 1st-floor super king/twin
- Bedroom 2 - 1st-floor king with ensuite
- Countless beautiful walks direct from the door
- The renowned Barn Bar country pub and restaurant only a 10-15 minute walk
- Bright and flexible, well laid out property
- Well-equipped modern kitchen
- Oil fired central heating and heated towel rails throughout
- Powerful showers and copious hot water
- Patio seating area with garden furniture - ideal for BBq's and dining Al-fresco.
- Good mobile phone signal, 4G and Free Wi-Fi
- 2 dogs allowed with walks from the door (fully enclosed garden area for pets)
- Independent Private Chef available to cater for Special Occasions
- Natural water supply from the surrounding hills*
- *UV filtered and tested by the local authority
- Access to sea loch nearby (Barn Bar)
- Please note- NO Dogs to be taken through the field if sheep are present
- No smoking/vaping at Achalic Beag
- House available from 4pm on the day of arrival to 9.30am on departure day.
- Deposit 25% of rental to confirm booking (currently 15% due to Covid-19)
This property is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility