Harbour Master, Self-Catering Apartment (5) Loch Melfort, Kilmelford
Per week from£600
Property Quick View
Sleeps Up to5
Golf course nearbyYes
Bathrooms2, 1 en-suite
Linen & Towels ProvidedYes
Now live and taking bookings for 2022 - Dont miss out!!
An area of great natural scenic beauty nestled between Oban and Lochgilphead, Harbour Master enjoys a fine prominent position with spectacular views south and west over Asknish Bay.
Harbour Master has been decorated to a high standard combining class and quality whilst offering you all you could hope for in terms of comfort, peace and relaxation.
Comfortably sleeping 5, (with the option at request to sleep 6) is available for rental all year round and is an ideal base for your self-catering holiday in Argyll.
To complement this stunning location, Harbour Master features an open plan kitchen with dining area and living room where you can enjoy the views from each area along with a large cosy wood burner stove - the perfect place to sit down and discuss your discoveries after a day touring the West Coast of Scotland. All on one level, with a master double room en-suite, a double and a single room that can also have a pull-out bed at request for two children to accommodate a family of six.
You can enjoy these spectacular views from both the balcony or the garden area.
3.5 miles to the south of Harbour Master is Craobh Haven, a popular holiday and sailing village with berths for up to 250 crafts.
With a harbourmaster, marina office and store -the stunning views take in the local islands of Shuna, Seil and Luing, as well as many better-known islands from Jura in the South to the highlands of Mull in the North.
Running regularly from here are several excellent wildlife cruises which also take in the famous Gulf of Corryvreckan with the largest whirlpool in the world.
The picturesque, rural village of Kilmelford where Harbour Master is situated is scattered around the shores of Loch Melfort, situated between the town of Oban (about 15 miles) and Lochgilphead (about 21 miles) and enjoys a thriving community life with local services including a village hall, a general store/post office/cafe, licensed hotel with pub and restaurant, parish church and boatyard/yachting marina. The surrounding area abounds with outdoor sporting and leisure opportunities and is renowned for its excellent sailing waters.
25 minutes' drive north along the A816 coastal road is Oban, a picturesque and bustling harbour town with an array of splendid shops and restaurants to experience; known as "The Seafood Capital of Scotland", it doesn't disappoint. With fishing boats in the bay, and regular Calmac Ferries leaving for the Inner and Outer Hebrides, one visit will never be enough.
All the beds are made, and towels are ready to use.
The only thing you need to bring is you're food, drink, soap for bathing. Tesco.com delivers here ...and your toys ...boat, rods, hiking boots. mountain bikes, kayaks, photo camera and your set for a wonderful holiday.
- Enjoying exceptional views over Loch Melfort
- Situated in a sought-after lochside location
- Hall: Open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room
- Bedroom 1, Double room with en-suite walk in shower room
- Bedroom 2, Double bedroom
- Bedroom 3, Single Trundle bed, at request for kids can have the bed underneath be used
- Family bathroom
- Underfloor heating throughout kitchen, dining/lounge area
- Balcony area plus small garden space for bbq use: upto 10ft boats can be moored at the harbour next to the house
- Large wood burner stove
- Washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, freezer
- Beds made up for arrival and towels provided
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking accolated for 1 car
- Note it is an apartment not a rural cottage, you will have neighbours
- House available from 4pm on day of arrival until 9.30am on day of departure
- x2 dogs allowed (no enclosed garden)
- Deposit 25% of rental price to confirm booking
Stairs are required.